Saturday, January 10, 2009

braving the cold

I am just about myself again except for a bit of a runny nose, so I decided to take a walk down to the Bosphorus for some sketching. I thought two pairs of knee-high socks, corduroy pants, a long sleeved shirt under a zip-up jacket, under a wool coat and some wooly fingerless mittens would keep me warm. I should have added a hat and fingers to my mittens.

It was a gorgeous winter day, the smell of the water took me back to my childhood. The water was a deep green, with ghostly jellyfish floating near the boats. The jellyfish were a source of endless fascination for me as a child, I loved standing on the walkway watching them open and close their delicate bodies.

2 comments:

benconservato said...

wonderful sketch, it is hard for me to fathom the cold now after being here in Australia for a few months. I am glad you are feeling better!

szaza said...

Thanks Emma :)
I'm still adjusting to the cold. Layers seem to be key!